2. Beauty isn’t measured by how many boys have told you sweet nothings and kissed your stubborn lips. Beauty is an internal explosion of art.
3. She thinks you are better than her (and she is right). Her streaks of mean and backstabbing come from hatred toward herself. This has nothing to do with you baby girl, this never had to do with you. She wants to shatter you the way she’s been shattered.
4. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body is theirs. You are whole on your own and do not need anything to complete you.
5. No matter how much beauty you find in scars, you’re going to regret ever causing them on yourself. A child will place miniature fingers on the ridges of your wrists and you’ll realize one day that this is your body and you are only given one so you better make damn sure that it lasts beautifully.
6. High school ends, in fact everything ends. Do not try to mix permanent solutions with temporary situations.
7. Stop taking yourself so seriously you are only getting older so for now make sure to leave soft footprints in the sand and engrave memories into your soul.
8. Treasure your thoughts, the good and bad. Write things down and accept everything you feel no matter how wretched or wrong it seems, it is infinitely valid.
9. Shrinking is not necessary. You are already a speck in a vast universe. Grow instead.
10. I am walking behind you to clean the fallen dust and broken hearts you may drop. I will always love you the most. Too many times we’re left to deal with everything on our own. No matter the size of your problem or the length of your story I’ll listen."